Why this page? -
Firstly, even after interacting with "educated" people, we see fanatics and narrow minded people. Since, every
educated person with a narrow minded view (even one is too many) is
worse than an Osama Bin Laden, I found it necessary to at least voice a
strong dissenting opinion.... a.k.a. a small realization that the
silent majority, should never be silent.
Tolerance is an important virtue, tolerance of nonsense is a crime..
The Serious Side
a.k.a. .. What matters to me and why?...
Note: The below is not about religion. I care too little to comment upon ancient texts.
The following is about "organized" religion. It is about people, i.e. the people behind
organized religion, i.e. the many cults, evangelists, "one lord, one faith, one saviour","X is the only god", "Y is the ordained
scripture" and other narrow minded (and brainwashed) souls who make the world a worse place.
As for me, I am an atheist/agnostic. It keeps my mind free of self styled godmen. While a belief in (a spiritual) God is fine by me, a belief in a "monotheist specific religious god" (without respect for other's views) and organized religion is quite abhorrent.
In a world where every human should ideally be a majority of 6 billion and a minority of one, artificial religious divisions have no place...
Amongst the worst in the above breed is "organized evangelical" religion, i.e. the belief
that there is exactly one god whose name is "X". For a correct definition
of "organized evangelical" religion see the word "cult" in the dictionary.
(Yes, unfortunately, you will find these organizations on university campuses
too, Stanford included. For a number of these organizations scientific
and rational thought go for a toss.. )
- My, as yet incomplete definition of Organized Religion
Watch this "godman" in action a.k.a. Indian Charlatan a.k.a. Sathya Sai Baba get exposed (Click on the movies link)
A cached copy of the Sai Baba expose video
(I downloaded this mpeg from the sathyasaivictims.com web site, which streams the mpeg very slowly. There seems to be
no way to contact them as yet, so if this is a copyright violation, please let me know)
Yet another self styled honcho, (Jack Van Impe) from this side of the planet!
- Women vs. Organized Religion
a.k.a. .. Didn't these people have Mothers?
- Americans for Taxing Organized Religion
- The educated evil (the persons who passed this vote in the Southern Baptist convention; the title of the article does an injustice by equating the views of a non-representative few to that of all) are more dangerous than the semi-literate and desperate ones (a.k.a. the Taliban)
- Nice Quote on Organized Religion
- Commonsense Online (New) - November 8th 2001
- Cult Watch
- Wonderful site which maintains a list of cults
- How cults take
over educated students
- If you are a student this video is a must see. (Contains useful
information especially for undergrads; this is more important than
math101 or cs101)